Version 1.3.6 Single License: CHF 15.–
50% off for 20 licenses in the AppStore (using Mavericks)
This application for Mac OS X allows you to display and convert the most important color systems using an elaborate and comprehensive GUI.
New in Version 1.3.6:
- Fixed a crash when selecting certain RGB color spaces while a measurement device was attached or was getting attached. This also likely fixes a rare crash when quitting the application.
- Custom whitepoint now always has Y value 1.
- Remission spectra are gray when a custom whitepoint is used.
- Illumination spectra now show the background color relative to the currently selected reference illumination.
- Computation of undefined values of certain colorspaces now use the whitepoint again.
- Lots of internal changes and more to come. Probably last version before something new and big.
- Mac OS X: 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
- Mac OS X: 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Mac OS X: 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Intel 64-Bit Processor
- Supported measurement device: FD-7 of Konica Minolta. The FD-5 device is not supported.
- The application might, without warranty or support, possibly run on Mac OS X: 10.7 (Lion). The last version tested and supported was Color Machine 1.3.3
- Colorspaces: XYZ, Yxy, Yuv, Yu'v', Luv, Lab, Lch, RGB, HSV, HSL, YCbCr.
- Spectral data: Illumination and remission, requires data input. Currently, only the FD-7 measurement device is supported. Storing and loading of data is not possible (yet).
- Observer: CIE 1931 2°, CIE 1964 10°, Judd 1951 2°, Judd Vos 1978 2°.
- Illumination: Arbitrary blackbody, CIE A, B, C, D (arbitrary or D50, D55, D65, D75, D93), E, F1 to F12, arbitrary whitepoint, arbitrary spectrum.
- RGB-Colorspaces: Adobe 98, Apple, Best, Beta, Bruce, CIE, ColorMatch, Don 4, EBU Monitor, EDI, Ekta Space PS5, HDTV, Rec. BT.601 (525 and 625), Rec. BT.709, Rec. BT.2020, Kodak DC, NTSC 53, PAL/SECAM (EBU 3213), Romm (Prophoto), SMPTE-C, sRGB (IEC 61966 2.1), Wide Gamut, arbitrary primaries and response-curves.
- Lab-Colorspaces: CIELAB (L*a*b* 1976), Hunter Lab (Original and whitepoint-adapted), arbitrary Adams-Chromatic-Valence spaces.
- 3D-View: All colorspaces can be viewed in any other colorspace with 3 channels. Lch, HSV and HSL can additionally be viewed in a cartesian coordinate system.
- Metamerics and Illumination: Chromaticity error, Color rendering index, Visible range metameric index and UV range metameric index according to ISO 3664:2009 and ISO 23603:2005 with reference illumination D50, D55, D65 and D75.
- Measurement devices: Currently, only the FD-7 measurement device is supported. Remission measurements currently always are based on D50.
- All computations of this application are based on the Color Machine Library (CML).
Bugs, Comments, Requests
Simply write a (friendly) email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that German is the preferred choice of correspondance but English is offered as a common language of inter-communication.
Support for Leopard (10.5): The application can not be provided for Leopard at this time. The reason for this are several API-calls which are only available in 10.6 (Snow Leopard). A re-implementation would be necessary, followed by an extended testing-phase.